WISD Fingerprinting Services
The WISD provides Live Scan fingerprinting services. Live Scan captures fingerprint and palm prints electronically without the use of ink.
The WISD is not equipped to complete ink based fingerprint cards. Please contact your local police department for this service.
The WISD conducts fingerprinting services for the following reasons:
- Driver Education License (LDE)
- School Employment (SE)
- School Volunteer (SV)
- State Bar (SB)
- Third Party Tester (TPT)
Please be assured, ensuring your health and safety as well as the health and safety of our staff providing this service is of utmost concern. Precautions are in place as follows: Fingerprint Technicians will sanitize their hands between customers and disinfect surfaces that come in contact with customers regularly; customers are asked to wash their hands before fingerprinting; increased cleaning protocols have been implemented related to high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, keyboards, counters, and chairs); and HVAC settings have been raised to include a higher rate of outside air and a faster rate of exchange for outside air. Employees and visitors are required to use masks/face covering in all shared spaces and when maintaining a six (6) foot distance apart is not possible. Therefore, you will be required to wear a mask during the entire visit; estimated between 30-45 minutes. Below are additional ways that we can work together to keep you and staff safe.
- If you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, have a cold, or suspect you have the flu, please reschedule and fingerprint at a later date.
- Complete the health screening form before entering the TLC building.
- Do not enter the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) if you have any of the symptoms identified on the health screening form, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have been advised to quarantine/isolate.
- Do not enter the TLC without a mask/face covering.
- Practice physical distancing - please maintain a 6 foot distance between you and the Fingerprint Technician.
- Please have identification documents and payment in your hand when you approach the Fingerprint Technician.
- Do not place personal items (purses, hats, cell phones, etc.) on the Fingerprint counter.
- When scheduling the appointment, be sure to enter a valid contact telephone number. The telephone number will be used to contact you in the event there is important information we need to communicate regarding your appointment. (We do not sell/share your phone number).
WISD Teaching and Learning Center (TLC)
1819 South Wagner Road
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
Hours of Operation
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY,
- Monday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
*CALL THE FINGERPRINT OFFICE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITLIST FOR AN EARLIER (DATE/TIME) APPOINTMENT.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- Complete and submit the health screening form via the link sent in your appointment confirmation email. Note: You will not be allowed to enter the TLC without completing this form.
- What to Bring
- Valid picture identification (e.g. Driver's license, State I.D. or passport).
- Completed Live Scan form issued by the school, business or licensing agency that will receive your criminal history report.
- If being fingerprinted for EDUStaff, you need to bring an "Offer of Employment" letter from EDUStaff.
- Fingerprint fee - $69.00 (Acceptable forms of payment are Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and cash. American Express and personal checks are not accepted).
- Call the Fingerprinting Office, (734) 994-8100 ext. 1316 to let us know you're here.
- You will need to wait outside of the TLC (in a vehicle or otherwise) until the Fingerprinting Technician informs you they are ready.
- The Fingerprinting Technician will greet you at the entrance wearing a mask. You also must wear a mask during your entire visit.
AFTER YOU ENTER THE BUILDING:
- You will be asked to wash your hands before proceeding to the Fingerprinting office.
- You will be asked to show proof of Id and pay the $69 processing fee.
- After confirming identity and receiving payment, the Fingerprinting Technician will proceed with fingerprinting you (with the least amount of physical contact as possible).
AFTER FINGERPRINTING IS COMPLETED:
- You will be asked to wash your hands before leaving/exiting the TLC.
- The Fingerprinting Technician will escort you to the front door to exit.