Medication at School

Medication at School

If your student needs to take medication during the school day, please be aware of the following:

  • Any medication should be taken at home if at all possible.
  • Medications needing to be given at school are to be brought to and from school by a parent/guardian.
  • Medications must be in their original container, labeled with:
    • Name of student
    • Name of medication
    • Time of administration
    • Dosage
    • Route of administration
    • Expiration date
  • Medications, both prescription and over the counter, must be accompanied by a written authorization signed from a physician and signed authorization from the parent.
  • Medication authorization forms can be obtained  from the school or on the District Health Services website.  These forms are good from September to August and must be renewed yearly.
  • Refill of the prescription is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
  • Expired medication will not be administered.
  • Medications not picked up on or before the last day of school will be discarded.
  • According to district policy and state guidelines, students are allowed to carry and self-administer certain medications such as EpiPen or inhaler.  Written permission from the parent/guardian and the physician is required.

Please contact WISD district nurse for more information or questions. 

Medication Authorization Form 

Link to Board Policy           


DHS is located at High Point School
1735 S. Wagner Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 - Tel: 734 994 8100 x 1619 - Fax: 734 994-2341