Young Adult Project (YAP)
The Young Adult Project is not classroom based, but rather, is a coordinated set of community based activities that is student led with the guidance of a teacher consultant and teacher assistant and is geared towards transitioning the student towards their post-secondary vision and goals.
- YAP is not a program or a classroom, but rather a coordinated set of services provided in the adult’s community.
- Each student utilizes a variety of agency supports, (Michigan Rehabilitative Services (MRS), Community Supports and Treatment Services (CSTS), Community Mental Health (CMH), and the WISD) community transportation, friends and family.
- The young adult agrees to engage in adult problem-solving and adult scheduling and can do so with a level of independence.
Young Adult Project Overall Goals and Practice
- The Young Adult develops a plan that includes sustainable resources
- Increased self-advocacy into the adult system
- Seamless transition to post-school adult services
- Involved in the community, recreation, leisure and adult daily living
- Participating in work or making progress toward sustainable work settings
- Consideration of independent living situations, with support as needed
- Work towards a student’s maximum potential for independence in their community
- Involved in satisfying and productive activities for themselves and/or their community
Peachjar Electronic Flyers
Washtenaw ISD now uses Peachjar eFlyers to distribute information via electronic flyers. Peachjar enables school districts to send information to parents, staff, and community members as colorful digital flyers directly via email and on our website. To see current flyers for our district, click below:
WISD’s flyer distribution guidelines and information on how external community organizations can share flyers is available here.
Young Adult Project Supervisor
850 Red Oak Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Ph. (734) 994-8190, Option 3 - Fax. (734) 913-5957
Young Adult Project Administrative Support
850 Red Oak Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Ph. (734) 994-8190, Option 1 - Fax. (734) 913-5957
Young Adult Project Staff
Transition Coordinator/Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS)
Teacher Consultant/Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS)