The following website links will give you updated information on the COVID-19 health crisis. It includes information from the State of Michigan and the Centers for Disease Control. Towards the end of the page will be a list of resources in the Ypsilanti area regarding food distribution.
You can also call 2-1-1 from any phone to be connected to a list of statewide resources for everything from food and diapers to rental assistance. You can also search the 211 online database at Michigan 2-1-1 Information Line
- Michigan COVID-19 Updated Information
- Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Information
- Washtenaw ISD COVID-19 Resource Page
- Zero to Thrive Mental Health Resources
- Conscious Discipline COVID-19 Parent Resources
- UM COVID-19 Resource Guide
YCS Food Distribution Sites
Ypsilanti Community Schools
The district is continuing to work hard to service all YCS students and families during this emergency closure.
To help YCS workers and volunteers stay safe in the Food Services Department, YCS Food Distribution will now be on Thursdays only. We will have ten (10) site locations for food distribution. The site times will remain the same with distribution from 11:00am.-1:00pm. and specific locations** from 4:00 - 6:00pm.in partnership with Food Gathers.
This change will begin effective this week (4/13)! There will be no food distribution on Tuesday's.
If you can volunteer, click on the link below:
This change allows us to distribute 42,000 meals per week versus the 20,000 in previous weeks. The additional sites will also allow for a broader range of locations for families to easily access.
Site locations are as follows:
- A.C.C.E. School / 11:00am-1:00pm / 1076 Ecorse Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- Arbor One Apartments / 11:00am-1:00pm / 799 Green Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- Christian Love Fellowship / 11:00am-1:00pm / 1601 Stamford Rd, Superior Charter Twp, MI 48198)
- Erickson Elementary School / 11:00am-1:00pm / 1427 Levona St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- Holmes Elementary School / 11:00am-1:00pm / 1255 Holmes Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48198.
- Parkridge Community Center / 11:00am-1:00pm / 591 Armstrong Dr, Ypsilanti, MI 48197**
- Strong Tower Ministries /11:00am-1:00pm /134 Spencer, Ln., Ypsilanti, Mi 48198i**
- Sycamore Meadows / 11:00am-1:00pm : / 1273 Stamford Ct, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- West Willow Area - CRC Community Resource Center / 11:00am-1:00pm / 2057 Tyler Rd. Ypsilanti 48198
- Ypsilanti Community High School / 11:00am-1:00pm / 2095 Packard Rd Ypsilanti, MI 48197
**4:00-6:00p.m. Food Distribution with Food Gatherers boxes - 2 Sites Only
- Parkridge Community Center / 4:00-6:00pm / 591 Armstrong Dr, Ypsilanti, MI 48197**
- Strong Tower Ministries / 4:00-6:00pm /134 Spencer, Ln., Ypsilanti, Mi 48198i**
Food Gatherers is a YCS Community Partner who is providing the food boxes but not managing the sites. YCS volunteers are the ones leading the sites along with YCS Food Services Department
Meal pickups are free of charge to all children. Children do not need to be enrolled at a YCS school.
Lincoln Consolidated Schools Food Distribution Sites
During the school closure, Lincoln will provide food service meals (breakfast and lunch) to ALL students in the District, free of charge:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am-1:00 pm noon: Drive thru grab & go meals behind LHS East Cafe in the bus loop. Meals will be provided for 3 days at a time. Meals are available for all students in the district, free of charge.
If you or someone you know has transportation issues and cannot pick up needed meals, call the Lincoln hotline at 484-7072 to discuss.
Other Community Food Distribution
During the coronavirus – as with other emergencies – Food Gatherers will continue its operations and distribute food to people in the communities we serve. Our services may be expanded and/or modified to best address our community’s needs as the public health situation develops, but we will continue providing food. Visit their website here for hours of operation.
Hope Clinic will be distributing hot meals to go in the evenings, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays. They will have emergency groceries available during operating hours. Visit their website for more information about Hope Clinic's food distribution and hot meal hours.
SOS has pantry days on Tuesday 1:00-6:30 pm and Wednesday 9:00-1:00pm. You will receive pre-bagged groceries and no appointment is necessary. Visit their website for more information about SOS Community Services' food distribution and other services.
We have produce distribution on Fridays 10am-12pm at our main center 1111 N. Maple Rd. Ann Arbor
Early Childhood Online Resources
A few of our favorite resources to support your family during your child's early years
Podcasts and SmartPhone Apps
- Unruffled: Parenting and behavior support from expert Janet Lansbury. Uses a respectful and child-led approach.
- The Lovevery Podcast: My New Life: Science-based information on development in the early years
- Playfully - a smart phone app that gives you play activities based on your child's development!
- Baby Exercises App
Educational Websites for At-Home Learning
Early Childhood Group Socialization
Questions? Contact JaVon Jason at 734-730-2813
Music and Movement
Tuesdays - 1 p.m at Chapelle (45 minutes)
Play and Learn
Wednesdays - 10:30 a.m. at Chapelle (90 minutes)
Thursdays - 10:30 a.m. at Model (90 minutes)
Chapelle Business Center
111 S. Wallace, Ypsilanti
Model Early Learning Center
8550 Whittaker Rd., Ypsilanti
The Ypsilanti District Library on Whittaker Road provides free weekly storytimes and playtimes. They are currently closed to help prevent the spread of Covid-19, please use the resources our storytime presenters compiled to help little ones maintain a routine at home. Check out the link below for story times and virtual storytimes.
Jaime's Brain Break Movement Videos!
Shorter physical breaks from home and school. Fun ways to yoga-move, sing and change the energy!
- Ready to Launch!
- Magic Carpet Ride
- Walking through the Jungle
- Stir it up!
- Hello Sun Fun
- Rainbow of Confidence
- Jedi Strength and Focus
- Sit and Stretch
- Little Green Frog
- Deep Sea Core Strength
- Spidey Superpowers
Rise and Shine Story Time
Featuring Bella, Bo, Mickey & Minnie! We hope you and your little ones enjoy hearing some of your favorite children's literature that feature our family pets and other special visitors! The morning has always been my favorite part of the day when I feel like some of the best learning and thinking takes place! As a longtime educator I have used that time to get the best out of my students! "Rise & Shine" is a saying my own dad used on my brother and I when we were kids to get up.
- Rise and Shine Home Page
- Where the Wild Things Are
- The Hat
- The Mitten
- Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type
- Caps for Sale
- My Grandma and Grandpa Ice Cream
- The Pigeon wants a Puppy
- Owl Babies
- My River
- The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly!
- Giggle Giggle Quack
- The Snowy Day
ADA & Accessibility
Our School Strives To Ensure Our Website Is Accessible To All Our Visitors
Washtenaw ISD is committed to providing a website that is fully accessible and we are currently in the process of developing a new website to better meet the needs of our customers. Our new website will include improvements to ADA compliance and accessibility, and during this transition, we remain committed to maintaining our existing website's accessibility and usability.
It is the policy and commitment of the Washtenaw Intermediate School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, familial status, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any legally protected characteristic, in its educational programs, activities, admissions, or employment policies in accordance with Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, executive order 11246 as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and all other pertinent state and Federal regulations.
|Title IX Coordinator||ADA and Title IX Coordinator|
1819 S. Wagner Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 994-8100 ext. 1402
Executive Director, HR & Legal Services
1819 S. Wagner Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 994-8100 ext. 1311